Type of website: Ecommerce
Effective date: 15th day of October, 2021
www.homeindustrycompany.com (the “Site”) is owned and operated by Samantha Rogers who is the data controller and can be contacted at:
- The personal data we will collect;
- Use of collected data;
- Who has access to the data collected;
- The rights of Site users; and
The owners of Home Industry Interiors are firmly committed to protecting your privacy. Home Industry Interiors will only use the information that is collected about you in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation and the Data Protection Act 2018.
Home Industry Interiors may wish to collect information about you for 2 reasons: firstly, to process your order and secondly, to provide you with the best possible service.
You will be given the opportunity to refuse any marketing emails offered by Home Industry Interiors
The type of information that we may possibly collect about you includes but is not limited to:
• Your name
• Phone number
• Email address
Home Industry will never collect sensitive information about you without your explicit consent, all of the information that we may receive about you can only be conveyed to us by you.
The information we hold will be accurate and up to date. You can check the information that we hold about you by emailing us. If you find any inaccuracies, we will be more than happy delete or correct them promptly.
The personal information which we hold will be held securely in accordance with our internal security policy and the law.
• Web Beacons. Certain sections of our Service and our emails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of a certain section and verifying system and server integrity).
Your preference is currently to disallow 3rd party or non-essential cookies
If you have any questions/comments about privacy, you can contact our legal director Olivia by email to email@example.com
For users in the European Union, we adhere to the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016, known as the General Data Protection Regulation (the “GDPR”). For users in the United Kingdom, we adhere to the GDPR as enshrined in the Data Protection Act 2018.
We have not appointed a Data Protection Officer as we do not fall within the categories of controllers and processors required to appoint a Data Protection Officer under Article 37 of the GDPR.
By using our Site users agree that they consent to:
When the legal basis for us processing your personal data is that you have provided your consent to that processing, you may withdraw your consent at any time. If you withdraw your consent, it will not make processing which we completed before you withdrew your consent unlawful.
You can withdraw your consent by: _____________________________________________________________________________
Legal Basis for Processing
We collect and process personal data about users in the EU only when we have a legal basis for doing so under Article 6 of the GDPR.
We rely on the following legal bases to collect and process the personal data of users in the EU:
- Users have provided their consent to the processing of their data for one or more specific purposes;
- Processing of user personal data is necessary for us or a third pary to pursue a legitimate interest. Our legitimate interest is not overriden by the interests or fundamenal rights and freedoms of users. Our legitimate interest(s) are:
- Processing of user personal data is necessary for us to take, at the request of a user, steps before entering a contract or for the performance of a contract to which a user is a party. If a user does not provide the the personal data necessary to perform a contract the consequences are as follows:
- Processing of user personal data is necessary for us to comply with a legal obligation. If a user does not provide the the personal data necessary for us to perform a legal obligation the consequences are as follows:
Personal Data We Collect
Data Collected Automatically
When you visit and use our Site, we may automatically collect and store the following information:
- Location; and
- Content viewed.
How We Use Personal Data
The data we collect automatically is used for the following purposes:
- To ship a product.
Who We Share Personal Data With
We will not sell or share your data with other third parties, except in the following cases:
- If the law requires it;
- If it is required for any legal proceeding;
- To prove or protect our legal rights; and
- To buyers or potential buyers of this company in the event that we seek to sell the company.
If you follow hyperlinks from our Site to another Site, please note that we are not responsible for and have no control over their privacy policies and practices.
How Long We Store Personal Data
User data will be stored for 90 days.
You will be notified if your data is kept for longer than this period.
How We Protect Your Personal Data
In order to protect your security, we use the strongest available browser encryption and store all of our data on servers in secure facilities. All data is only accessible to our employees. Our employees are bound by strict confidentiality agreements and a breach of this agreement would result in the employee’s termination.
While we take all reasonable precautions to ensure that user data is secure and that users are protected, there always remains the risk of harm. The Internet as a whole can be insecure at times and therefore we are unable to guarantee the security of user data beyond what is reasonably practical.
Your Rights as a User
Under the GDPR, you have the following rights:
- Right to be informed;
- Right of access;
- Right to rectification;
- Right to erasure;
- Right to restrict processing;
- Right to data portability; and
- Right to object.
The minimum age to use our website is 16 years of age. We do not knowingly collect or use personal data from children under 16 years of age. If we learn that we have collected personal data from a child under 16 years of age, the personal data will be deleted as soon as possible. If a child under 16 years of age has provided us with personal data their parent or guardian may contact our privacy officer.
How to Access, Modify, Delete, or Challenge the Data Collected
If you would like to know if we have collected your personal data, how we have used your personal data, if we have disclosed your personal data and to who we disclosed your personal data, if you would like your data to be deleted or modified in any way, or if you would like to exercise any of your other rights under the GDPR, please contact our privacy officer here:
A cookie is a small file, stored on a user’s hard drive by a website. Its purpose is to collect data relating to the user’s browsing habits. You can choose to be notified each time a cookie is transmitted. You can also choose to disable cookies entirely in your internet browser, but this may decrease the quality of your user experience.
We use the following types of cookies on our Site:
- Analytical cookies
Analytical cookies allow us to improve the design and functionality of our Site by collecting data on how you access our Site, for example data on the content you access, how long you stay on our Site, etc.
If you have any complaints about how we process your personal data, please contact us through the contact methods listed in the Contact Information section so that we can, where possible, resolve the issue. If you feel we have not addressed your concern in a satisfactory manner you may contact a supervisory authority. You also have the right to directly make a complaint to a supervisory authority. You can lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority by contacting the Information Commissioner’s Office in the UK.